Red Tagging in the Philippines
A cartoon originally published in the November 13, 2019 Philippine News Today. In the Philippines, the military has red tagged human rights activists, lawyers, clergy, union organizers, journalists or anyone who has spoken out for social justice for indigenous people or against extrajudicial killings. "Red tagging" is when the military or police label an individual or group as being a "communist insurgent", which makes the red-tagged person or group vulnerable to arrest, jail or even extrajudicial killing.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.