Malaysia: the Anwar Story
Today we have a cartoon with a story, drawn by renowned Malaysian cartoonist Zunar. In 2008, opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim was charged with having sex with a male former aide. A verdict in the long-running trial is set for Monday, and if found guilty, the 64-year-old politician faces up to 20 years in jail. Zunar: 'Anwar is a charismatic opposition leader. His reform agenda draws a lot of support. Prime Minister has to find ways to put Anwar in jail, if not he will lose the coming election, which will be the end of 54 years of ruling power. So the conspiracy has begun with a trumped-up charge against Anwar.'
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.