Press freedom in Asia
Cartoon from the World press freedom cartoon competition, selected for an exhibition in Bangkok, Thailand.
Zunar (Zulkiflee Sm Anwar Ulhaque) is a political cartoonist from Malaysia. With the slogan, “How Can I be Neutral, Even My Pen Has a Stand”, he exposes corruption and abuse of power committed by the government of Malaysia through his art. Under the previous Malaysian government, Zunar was charged under the archaic Sedition Act and faced a possible 43 years imprisonment. His cartoon comments on the current state of media freedom in Asia.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.