The president of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse, was assassinated last night in an armed attack, the interim prime minister of the country, Claude Joseph, has confirmed in a statement.
Around one in the morning, a group of unknown individuals, some of whom spoke Spanish, attacked the president's private residence and fatally wounded him, the document said.
Later local and international media reported the death of the first lady, Martine Moïse, who had been injured in the shooting and was receiving medical attention at a hospital.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.