journalist in prison
Nilufar Hamedi was one of the first journalists to expose the story of Mahsa Amini, who died after being arrested by Iranian police for “improper clothing”, and was therefore one of the first journalists to be imprisoned. After Mahsa Amini's death on 16 September, Iranian forces incarcerated a total of 31 journalists, 27 of whom, including 10 women journalists, are still behind the bars. As 14 journalists were already detained before this new wave of protest and crackdown, this brings the total number of imprisoned journalists in Iran to 41, standing after China with 102 and Myanmar with 67 journalists in jail.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.
Can't find the license you need or do have questions? Check our FAQ or contact us.