The variant, which was called the omicron, was first reported to the WHO from South Africa on November 24.
Formerly known as B.1.1.529, it was also identified in Botswana, Belgium, Hong Kong, and Israel.
The WHO said in a statement on Friday that preliminary evidence suggests an increased risk of reinfection with this variant.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.