The first probe launched by Russia to the Moon since 1976, crashed into the Earth's satellite.
Roscosmos, the Russian state space company, said it had lost contact with the spacecraft on Saturday after a problem getting it into orbit before landing, which was scheduled for Monday.
Russia's Luna-25 crashed into the Moon after losing control, authorities say.
The unmanned spacecraft was supposed to be the first to land on the south pole of the Moon, but it didn't make it.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.