How Free is Kenyatta?
This cartoon is part of our project The Hague Trials Kenya. Background: The Kenyan delegation at last month’s Assembly of States Parties (ASP) celebrated what they saw as key amendments to the rules of procedure and evidence in the ICC cases against President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy William Ruto. One major win: modifying Rule 134, which might permit the Kenyan sitting heads of state to be tried in absentia. But prior to that, on 15 November, some Kenyan delegates were less pleased. The UN Security Council rejected the African Union’s bid for Kenyatta’s and Ruto’s trials to be altogether postponed for one year.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.