A journalist at a leading Bangladeshi newspaper has been jailed on charges of publishing "false" news after his report on high food prices went viral.
Samsuzzaman Shams of Prothom Alo daily appeared in court and was denied bail, a day after he was arrested.
His story - which ran on 26 March, the country's Independence Day - is alleged to have "smeared the government".
Rights activists have denounced the arrest and accused the government of stifling press freedom.
- Use in a business presentation.
- Use in the classroom.
- Use on personal website/blog.
- Use on non-profit website/newsletter.
- All licenses include the right to publish on social media channels.
- Free custom video slideshow when you purchase four cartoons or more.